Silicon Valley Energy Summit
WHAT: Silicon Valley Energy Summit at Stanford University
WHO: Keynote speakers and lunchtime debate contestants:
- Mary Nichols, chair, California Air Resources Board
- Robert Weisenmiller, chair, California Energy Commission
- Steven Chu, professor, Stanford; former U.S. Energy Secretary
- Burton Richter, emeritus director, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- Ralph Cavanagh, senior attorney and co-director of the energy program, NRDC
- Daniel Kammen, professor, UC-Berkeley; director, Renewable & Appropriate Energy Lab
- Sue Siegel, CEO, GE Ventures
- John Carrington, CEO, distributed energy storage startup Stem; former CEO, MiaSole
- Ira Ehrenpreis, co-founder and managing partner, DBL Partners
WHEN: Friday, June 3 from 8:30–5:30; program details at sves.stanford.edu
WHERE: Arrillaga Alumni Center, 326 Galvez, Stanford, CA 94305
Stanford University's annual Silicon Valley Energy Summit delivers insights on the latest sustainable energy technologies, corporate practices, market trends and emerging government policies. More than 400 people from the world's largest IT companies, Silicon Valley startups, investment funds, utilities, government, environmental organizations and research institutions attend.
The lunchtime debate on the need for a nuclear power renaissance will feature two Nobel-prize winning physicists–Steve Chu and Burt Richter–on the pro nuclear side vs. UC-Berkeley's Dan Kammen and NRDC's Ralph Cavanagh.
The debate will be webcast live at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJodGvyLzM
Mary Nichols and Bob Weisenmiller will talk about implementation of California's energy, climate and environmental policies. Sue Siegel, Ira Ehrenpreis and John Carrington will give insights on cleantech R&D and venture capital.
Panelists from organizations including LinkedIn, PG&E, Xerox, Mitsubishi, the U.S. Department of Energy, the California State Assembly, the City of San Francisco, the California EPA, LBNL's Cyclotron Road and Silicon Valley Clean Energy will discuss: New Tools for Energy Efficiency · Post-Paris Action on Climate Change · Smart Factories · Cleantech Finance · Digital Cities · Silicon Valley's New Community Electricity Provider · The Revolution in Transportation for Consumers · Solutions for California Water Shortages
Confirmed members of the media can attend for free. For media registration passcode and to schedule interviews with speakers please contact Mark Golden at: [email protected], 650-724-1629