PHOENIX (May 20, 2023) – Today during the SCAI 2023 Scientific Sessions, thirty early-career interventional cardiologists were the inaugural recipients of a newly created award highlighting excellence in interventional cardiology. 30 in Their 30’s is a new recognition program created by the Society for
Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (SCAI) for early-career members for their proven leadership and demonstration of SCAI’s core values.
30 in Their 30’s recognizes the best and brightest young professionals in interventional cardiology. This award affirms their professional excellence and SCAI’s values of service and teamwork, and supports the next generation of SCAI members to continue their journey as interventional cardiology professionals on SCAI’s early-career member pathway.
Recipients of the first cohort include:
- Janarthanan Sathananthan, MD – St. Paul’s Hospital/Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Aditya Bharadwaj, MD – Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, Calif.
- Yader Sandoval, MD – Minneapolis Heart Institute, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Taisei Kobayashi, MD – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Arash Salavitabar, MD – Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Abhishek Sharma, MD – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Karim Al-Azizi, MD – Baylor Scott & White Health – The Heart Hospital, Plano, TX
- Yousif Ahmad, MD – Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Brian Bergmark, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Rhian Davies, MD – WellSpan Health, York, PA
- Laura Davidson, MD – Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Bibhu Mohanty, MD – University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Devraj Sukul, MD – University of Michigan Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- Arka Chatterjee, MD – Banner University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
- Jennifer Rymer, MD – Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Michael Young, MD – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Rahul Sharma, MD – Stanford Medicine, Stanford, CA
- Parasuram Melarcode Krishnamoorthy, MD – Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Sinjini Biswas, MD – Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Lawrence Ang, MD – UC San Diego Health, San Diego, Calif.
- Mir Basir, MD – Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Fredy El Sakr, MD – Northside Hospital Cardiovascular Institute, Atlanta, GA
- Khanjan Shah, MD – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Giorgio Medranda, MD – NYU Langone Hospital – Long Island, Long Island, NY
- Jared O’Leary, MD – Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Sadip Pant, MD – Prima Care, Fall River, MA
- Samit Shah, MD – Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Miguel Alvarez Villela, MD – Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Hempstead, NY
- Rafael Harari, MD – New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Pedro Villablanca, MD – Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
“We are proud to honor and recognize this talented group interventional cardiologists with this new award,” said SCAI President George D. Dangas, MD, PhD, MSCAI. “Their notable contributions to both SCAI and our specialty at such an early point in their careers shows their dedication to advancing patient care and represents the future of our organization. We are excited to have them continue to be impactful contributors as SCAI members and future leaders of the profession.”
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (SCAI) is a non-profit professional associationwith over 4,500 members representing interventional cardiologists and cardiac catheterization teams in the United States. SCAI promotes excellence in interventional cardiovascular medicine for both adults and children through education, representation, and the advancement of quality standards to enhance patient
care. Follow @SCAI on Twitter for the latest heart health news.