We are delighted to invite you to attend the 51st Annual Congress of EASL. The International Liver CongressTM 2016 will be held on April 13-17, at the Fira Barcelona Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain.
Diseases of the liver represent a significant international health concern. Approximately 29 million people in the European Union suffer from a chronic liver condition, with over 170,000 deaths caused by liver cirrhosis alone. At EASL we are proud to provide an important platform for the global liver community to share the latest research in this field through our annual meeting, The International Liver CongressTM.
The International Liver CongressTM is our flagship, multi-disciplinary scientific event, in excess of 10,000 delegates from around the world every year. Our aim is to showcase the latest advances in hepatology and unveil a wide variety of new, innovative data to improve the management of liver disease.
Key features for media at The International Liver CongressTM include:
- Ground-breaking data presented at three official press conferences
- A conveniently located Press Centre and working press room
- A series of press releases, background resources and images to support you in your reporting of the news coming out of The International Liver CongressTM
- Private rooms for conducting interviews with key speakers and EASL Governing Board members
- For those unable to attend, an online Media Room available on http://www.ilc-congress.eu to keep you up-to-date on all of the news and media activities taking place at The International Liver CongressTM
Media registrations are now being accepted for The International Liver CongressTM. Media registration is free of charge for all valid press card holders or via provision of formal journalist credentials. The ILC Press Office Team is available to answer any questions you may have and can assist you in organising interviews with relevant experts.
- To register as a journalist to attend The International Liver CongressTM, please click here: http://ilc-congress.eu/registration-ilc2016/.
- For general information on media registration, and for guidelines and embargo policies please click here: http://ilc-congress.eu/media-press/.
- Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: [email protected]
- For more information on the scientific programme at The International Liver CongressTM, please go to: https://events.easl.eu/EventProgramme/ILC2016.aspx.
We look forward to welcoming you in Barcelona!
ILC Press Office