Save the date: Alzheimer’s Association International Conference 2018
CHICAGO, April, 11, 2018 – The Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) 2018 will be held July 21-26 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Each year, AAIC convenes the world's leading basic science and clinical researchers, next generation investigators, clinicians and the care research community to share data and discoveries.
AAIC is the premier forum for presentation and discussion of the latest Alzheimer's and dementia research. Groundbreaking new theories, methods and results will be revealed for the first time. The conference will feature roughly 3,000 scientific presentations – including late-breaking "Developing Topics."
New studies reported at AAIC 2018 will cover the spectrum of Alzheimer and dementia research, including causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. We anticipate news regarding:
- The latest in Alzheimer's drug and non-drug (lifestyle) therapy trials at all stages of development.
- Emerging roles for imaging and fluid biomarkers in the early detection of Alzheimer's disease.
- The impact of Alzheimer's dementia on women, and sex-specific aspects of risk and treatment response.
- Alzheimer's/dementia/cognitive decline risk factors and possible risk reduction strategies.
- Next steps in verifying and operationalizing the NIA-AA Research Framework.
- Advances in determining the causes of Alzheimer's and other dementias, including genetics.
Complimentary news media registration will be available to approved, credentialed journalists from recognized external print, broadcast, syndicated and online news organizations with assignments.
- Detailed information about news media credentials is available at https://alz.org/aaic/pressroom.asp.
- Find the link to request press credentials at https://alz.org/aaic/pressroom.asp#credents
- If you have questions regarding news media registration for AAIC 2018, please contact us at 312-335-5869 or [email protected]
All materials presented at the AAIC 2018 are embargoed for publication and broadcast until the date and time of presentation at the conference, or an embargo time specified by the Alzheimer's Association in advance.
The Alzheimer's Association® is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's. Visit alz.org or call 800.272.3900.