Optimizing MS care — Mission of the consortium of multiple sclerosis centers
March is MS Awareness Month and the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis (CMSC) has partnered with leading organizations, accredited content providers, and its membership to provide optimal education, research and services to the MS community. As the preeminent professional organization for the multidisciplinary healthcare team, scientists, and professionals in training involved in MS diagnosis, treatment, and research, the CMSC resources and programs offered include:
- MS Teamworks — a free online portal featuring 20 inspiring talks in which patients, clinicians, and care partners share their MS stories and clinical expertise. The unique format and innovative content of these talks, which have been viewed thousands of times, reflects the public's increasing need for new, more accessible information on a chronic neurological disorder that affects more than 2.3 million people worldwide.
- Managing MS: A Team Approach–CMSC, in collaboration with Nurse Practitioner Alternatives (NPA), is presenting a full-day rehabilitation-focused educational meeting taking place in the NY tri-state area on April 6th and Chicago, IL on April 20th. These accredited live meetings are designed to help rehabilitation professionals integrate the team approach, working cooperatively with all care team members, to optimize rehabilitation care and ultimately improve outcomes for patients with MS.
- Mentorship forums, scholarships for residents, and research fellowships supported by the Foundation of CMSC that develop and sustain the workforce of the future.
- MS Certification Programs for specialists, nurses as well as the newly announced healthcare associates exam in addition to a Certification Examination in Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders
- The endorsement of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) of the North American Registry for Care and Research in MS (NARCRMS), a physician/clinician-based MS registry and longitudinal database of clinical records and patient-centered outcomes, under the auspices of CMSC. CMSC is also spearheading a meeting of MS registries from across the county and around the world at its Annual Meeting to begin a fruitful collaboration for streamlining and disseminating important data and statistics on MS.
- CMSC is now among the top tier of continuing healthcare education providers in the United States, and has received Interprofessional Continuing Education Joint Accreditation. CMSC can now offer education and CE credits to physicians, nurses, and pharmacists together or separately through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
The flagship event of CMSC, its Annual Meeting, taking place May 30 -June 2, at the Music City Center in Nashville, TN, is the largest educational conference and professional development event for all healthcare clinicians, researchers, scientists and professionals in training engaged in the MS field. The four-day educational program includes a full agenda of lectures, clinical courses, symposia, workshops, roundtables, panel discussions, posters and platform presentations. To insure a comprehensive educational curriculum for multi-disciplinary attendees the CMSC Annual Meeting focuses on 11 content areas: advocacy; comprehensive care; disease management; neuroscience/environmental factors; nursing; psychosocial: cognition, depression; rehabilitation; skills development; symptomatic management; and wellness. "CMSC Is proud to support MS Awareness Month and year-round provide tools and resources to the entire team involved in MS care and resulting in positive outcomes for those affected by this complex disease," said June Halper, CEO, CMSC.
For more information on CMSC and its Annual Meeting, visit http://www.mscare.org.
ABOUT THE CONSORTIUM OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS CENTERS (CMSC)
CMSC, the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers, is the leading educational, training, and networking organization for MS healthcare professionals and researchers. The CMSC mission is to promote high quality MS care through educational programming and accreditation including live and online events, research grants, technical journals and papers, and targeted advocacy efforts. The CMSC member network includes more than 11,000 international healthcare clinicians and scientists committed to MS care as well as more than 60 Veterans Administration MS Programs and 225 MS Centers in the US, Canada, and Europe. The 32nd CMSC Annual Meeting, the largest gathering of MS professionals in North America, will take place May 30 – June 2, 2018, in Nashville, TN. For more information visit: http://www.mscare.org. Follow CMSC on Twitter: @mscare and Facebook: CMSCmscare.