CHICAGO (October 17, 2023): Members of the media can still apply to cover the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Clinical Congress 2023. One of the largest international meetings of surgeons in the world, Clinical Congress will feature many opportunities to report on groundbreaking surgical research, connect with surgeon experts, and learn more about the latest trends in surgery.
When: October 22-25, 2023
Where: Boston, Massachusetts. This year’s conference will once again be a hybrid event (held onsite and virtually).
Apply: Please read the ACS Criteria for Media Credentials before submitting your application for credentials. Apply for media credentials today.
For those unable to attend in-person, a registration option to cover portions of Clinical Congress remotely is also available.
All credentialed journalists registered to cover the conference (in-person or remotely) will receive access to the official Clinical Congress news kit and to the Scientific Forum abstracts later this week.
Access experts directly during media events at Clinical Congress on the following topics:
- Better Surgical Care Through Artificial Intelligence
- The Continued Impact of Covid-19 on Cancer Care
- A Day with the American College of Surgeons High School Program (Fostering the next generation of surgeons.)
Cover research presented during the Scientific Forum on the following topics, among hundreds of others:
- More than 7,500 Daily Steps Prior to Surgery Is Associated with Lower Risk of Postoperative Complications
- Study Links School Redistricting to Higher Rates of Firearm Violence in Urban Communities
- Pediatric Trauma More Common During COVID-19 Pandemic, Especially for Children in Disadvantaged Neighborhoods
- A Cancer Survival Calculator Is Being Developed Using Artificial Intelligence
- An Injured Child’s Chance of Surviving Improves When Treated at a Trauma Center Prepared to Care for Children
Browse sessions and events happening at the conference to plan your coverage.
Reporters covering Clinical Congress will be granted access to livestreamed and on-demand content, including panel presentations, named lectures, icons in surgery video sessions, late-breaking scientific forum sessions, and special sessions, within an hour after being presented. Requests to interview presenters and expert surgeons may be sent to email@example.com.
Media credentials can be granted during Clinical Congress. However, we strongly recommend that you apply for your credentials before the start of the conference. Advance registration will expedite your access to conference sessions at the convention center.
For further information or questions, contact the ACS Office of Public Information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
About the American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is a scientific and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for all surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have established it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has approximately 90,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. “FACS” designates that a surgeon is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.