ESC Congress 2018 scientific program online
Sophia Antipolis, APRIL 13, 2018
The scientific programme of ESC Congress 2018 is online now. The world's largest cardiovascular congress will be held 25 to 29 August at the Messe München, Munich, Germany.
More than 500 scientific sessions will explore over 400 topics in themed villages:
- Village 1 – Preventive Cardiology; Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations
- Village 2 – Hypertension
- Village 3 – Imaging
- Village 4 – Basic Science
- Village 5 – Heart Failure
- Village 6 – Arrhythmias and Device Therapy
A Spotlight Village will host sessions on a wide variety of topics related to the 2018 Congress Spotlight, "Valvular Heart Disease", which has implications for all areas of cardiology:
- Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Acute Cardiac Care
- Valvular, Myocardial, Pericardial, Pulmonary, Congenital Heart Disease
- Aortic Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Stroke
- Interventional Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
Three ESC Guidelines and one expert consensus document will be made public for the first time:
- 2018 ESC/EACTS Guidelines on Myocardial Revascularisation
- 2018 ESC Guidelines on CVD During Pregnancy
- 2018 ESC/ESH Guidelines on Arterial Hypertension
- 2018 Joint Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction
A sessions will also be devoted to the new 2018 ESC Guidelines on Syncope.
The approximately 4,500 scientific abstracts that will feature at ESC Congress 2018 have been selected from more than 11,000 submitted by researchers in 106 countries.
The call for late-breaking science is open until 21 May.
Digital health sessions will highlight how technologies such as digital medical records and smartphone or watch applications for self-monitoring are being used in cardiovascular disease by doctors and patients.
The programme is packed with different types of sessions including Great Debates on controversial issues in clinical cardiovascular medicine, Symposia with lectures from renowned professionals, Case-based Symposia, Expert Advice Sessions, Meet the Experts, sessions that feature real-life surgical procedures transmitted live from leading international centres, and Honorary Lectures.
In addition to the Villages, sessions will be held in the Main Auditorium, The Hub, Centre Stage, the Digital Health area, and the Poster Area.
ESC Congress 2018 expects to welcome around 30,000 healthcare professionals from 150 countries.
ESC Press Office