The FRIBIS – Freiburg Institute for Basic Income Studies invites to its annual conference from 10 to 12 October 2022 in the Kollegiengebäude 1 of the University of Freiburg. With the motto “Basic Income and Development”, experts will talk about how basic income is related to development concepts and what potential it holds for the challenges of the present and the future.
In keynotes, presentations and workshops, scientists will discuss questions such as: Could a basic income help us to use environmental resources more sustainably, preserve biodiverse habitats and make social communities more resilient? Would it help people in (post-)conflict regions to build or secure social peace? What are the potentials and risks of a basic income for development practices in the Global South, and how does this/do they relate to concepts of redistribution and justice?
The conference programme will either take place in person or will be broadcast online as a livestream.
Registration is here possible until 06 October 2022.
- What: Conference
- When: from 10 to 12 Oktober 2022
- Where: Kollegiengebäude 1 (KG 1) University of Freiburg, 2nd floor. Stock, Platz der Universität 3, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
- The event is addressed to all interested parties.
- Organiser: FRIBIS – Freiburg Institute for Basic Income Studies
- Contact information: Tobias Dumschat, Tel.: +49 172 625 7079
- Registration is required here by 06 October 2022.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The conference language is German and English.
- To the programme of the annual conference and further information