The American Association for Anatomy’s board of directors has approved funding for grants that will offset child and dependent care expenses for members who are presenting research at Anatomy Connected, the association’s annual meeting, March 25-27 in Washington, DC.
The deadline for grant submission is January 9, 2023.
For each recipient, the Child and Dependent Care Grant is a reimbursable allowance of up to $1,000 toward one of the eligible scenarios detailed below. Funds may not be used for ongoing dependent-care expenses, or the costs associated with transporting the dependent or the attendee to the meeting. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
“This is another example of how the American Association for Anatomy is proactively addressing the needs of our members to further our goal of ensuring that the most leading-edge research is adequately presented and understood by the anatomy community,” said Executive Director Christine Ross. “We’re removing some of the obstacles that everyone faces in terms of child and dependent care so that our members can continue to advance their knowledge.”
Grant Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants must be an AAA member in good standing. Renewal payments or new membership applications must be completed with 2023 dues paid before the submission deadline.
- An abstract submission, as a presenting author, that had been submitted by the abstract deadline of December 14, 2022.
- Priority will be given to trainees and early-career members.
- Applicant must be a primary caregiver.
- Only one grant per family may be awarded.
- Recipients are expected to attend Anatomy Connected and present their research. Cancellations or no-shows will not receive funding.
- Eligible dependents are defined as the following:
- Children under the age of 16
- Disabled child of any age
- Spouse, partner, or family member for whom the applicant is the primary caregiver
For more information about the grant visit Anatomy.org.
About the American Association for Anatomy
The American Association for Anatomy is an international membership organization of biomedical researchers and educators specializing in the structural foundation of health and disease. AAA connects gross anatomists, neuroscientists, developmental biologists, physical anthropologists, cell biologists, physical therapists, and others to advance the anatomical sciences through research, education, and professional development.