2019 Times Higher Education Research Excellence Summit: Asia-Pacific
UNSW Sydney to host international summit exploring the impact of research on society
The Times Higher Education Research Excellence Summit: Asia Pacific will bring leaders from the most significant research universities in the region, together with policymakers and investors, to UNSW to share and advance understanding of the public impact of research on the most critical issues affecting the 21st century.
Hosted in partnership with Times Higher Education (THE), the global authority on university excellence, the Summit covers two full days of interviews, debate and discussion, and networking events including a gala dinner and welcome reception. The full results of the 2019 THE Asia-Pacific Rankings will also be revealed at the Summit.
The Summit brings together globally celebrated academics and experts, including:
- Australia’s chief scientist, Dr Alan Finkel
- 2018 Global Energy Prize winner and Scientia professor Martin Green
- associate vice-chancellor for government and community relations at New York University-Shanghai Hongxia Liu
- 2018 Australian of the Year and Scientia professor Michelle Simmons
- Nobel laureate and board of trustees professor of chemistry at Northwestern University and UNSW Sir Fraser Stoddart
- 2018 Stockholm Water Prize winner Bruce Rittmann
- vice-chancellor of the University of Hong Kong Xiang Zhang.
For more information, visit THE Research Excellence Summit: Asia Pacific. Early bird discounts are available for registrations before 31 January 2019.