Malta, September 28-29, 2023
Credit: Polyphenols World Congress
Malta, September 28-29, 2023
The 16th World Congress on Polyphenols Applications is set to take place at the Corinthia Palace Hotel in Malta, attracting over 200 delegates from 35 countries. The event will spotlight more than 70 cutting-edge presentations that underscore the frontiers of polyphenol research.
Highlighted Speakers & Their Topics:
1. Polyphenols in Depression & Neurodegenerative Diseases: Prof. Giulio Maria Pasinetti, Icahn School of Medicine, USA.
2. Role of Polyphenolic Caffeoylquinic Acids in the Neurological Effects of Centella asiatica: Prof. Amala Soumyanath, Oregon Health & Science University, USA.
3. Polyphenols & Immunomodulation: Prof. Hanne Frøkiær, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
4. Berries Polyphenols & Vascular Function: Prof. Cristian Del Bo’, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy.
5. Natural Polyphenol Supplements in Iron-Loading Diseases: Prof. Michael Bruce Zimmermann, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
6. Plant-Derived Polyphenols as Senolytic Agents: Prof. Christopher Wiley, Tufts University, USA.
7. Catechol-Based Nanostructures in Medicine: Prof. Daniel Ruiz Molina, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
8. Biotechnological Production of Phenolic Compounds: Prof. Matheos Koffas, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA.
9. Phenolic Compounds in Foods: Prof. Trust Beta, University of Manitoba, Canada.
10. Biological Activities of Phenol-Amino Acid Adducts: Prof. Marianne Nissen Lund, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
11. Sustainable Sources for Polyphenols: Dr. Isabella D’Antuono, ISPA – CNR, Italy.
12. Marine Polyphenols – Characterization & Applications: Prof. Monica Jordheim, University of Bergen, Norway.
13. Polyphenol-Microbiome Interactions: Prof. Tiffany Weir, Colorado State University, USA.
14. Deglycosylation by Lactobacilli: Prof. Michael Gänzle, University of Alberta, Canada.
15. Biomarkers in Grape Polyphenol Supplementation: Prof. Diana Roopchand, Rutgers University, USA.
16. Cranberry Polyphenols in Esophageal Cancer: Prof. Laura Kresty, University of Michigan, USA.
17. Hormetic Response to B-type Procyanidin: Prof. Naomi Osakabe, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan.
18. Dietary Polyphenols & Trimethylamine Production: Dr. Andrew P. Neilson, North Carolina State University, USA.
This congress will cover diverse topics such as the mechanistic role of polyphenols in health and disease, recent advancements in polyphenol-related food research, the influence of polyphenols on microbiota, and innovative breakthroughs in polyphenol research.
Representatives from major corporations like BioActor BV, MEDSTAR, Novatica Technologies Ltd, alongside renowned academic institutions will attend Polyphenols Applications 2023.
Industrial participants: BioActor BV, Bioimmunescience Sagl, Groupe BERKEM (ADKALIS), Hopsteiner HHV GmbH, Link Conseil, MEDSTAR, Novatica Technologies Ltd, Unifarco s.p.a., AronPharma Ltd., NATURENVIE, POLYHEALTH SA…
Academic participants: Belgrade University, Biomedical Center Speyer, Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Charles University, Colorado State University, Eastern Regional Research Center, USDA, Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology, Palacky University in Olomouc, Charles University in Prague, College of Pharmacy, Hochschule Weihenstephan-Triesdorf, Hochschule Geisenheim University Department of Beverage Research, Horphag Research, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona, Institute of Agriculture and Tourism, Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Institute of Sciences of Food Production National Research Council, Justus-Liebig University Giessen, La Trobe University, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Manash Kozybayev North Kazakhstan university, Miguel Hernandez University, National University of Natural Medicine, North Carolina State University, Oregon Health and Science University, PhyMedEXp, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, R&D National Institute for Textiles & Leather (INCDTP), Division Leather & Footwear Research Institute, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, School of Engineering, Rutgers University, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), The Institute of Applied Research, The Galilee Society, Tufts University, UiB / Lerøy Ocean Forest, Univeristy of Bath, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli….
“The 16th World Congress on Polyphenols Applications promises to further our comprehension of polyphenols and their evolving real-world applications,” shares Prof. Jan Frederik Stevens, President of Polyphenols Applications 2023, Oregon State University, USA.
For More Information:
Comprehensive details can be found at www.polyphenols-site.com.